The Field Applications Scientist provides scientific expertise and applications support and training to customers with a focus primarily on qPCR products through a variety of interfaces including in-person, phone and email communications. This role partners with sales reps in the field to deliver product line specific pre- and post-sales related customer support activities and solve customer escalations effectively. In this position you will act as a trusted expert to our customers, thereby increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty and contributing to the overall success of the business.
- Performs product demonstrations at customer or company sites.
- Prepares and presents seminars to wide array of audiences.
- Collaborates with Sales Representatives to develop technical selling strategies.
- Represents the company at trade shows and vendor shows to present products and gather information.
- Accompanies Sales Representatives on sales calls in customers‘ laboratories to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries.
- Supports conditional sales placements in the field through on-site visits and telephone communication.
- Generates and records opportunities related to the workflow including Service contracts and education services.
- Provides troubleshooting support to customers in the field or by phone/email.
- Resolves and/or escalates customer issues & complaints.
- Provides start-up applications training to customers in their laboratories or as an instructor at Thermo Fisher Scientific training centers.
- Demonstrates basic operating and troubleshooting procedures for Thermo Fisher Scientific’s (qPCR instruments) workflow.
- Coordinates cross-functional engagements for significant situations that require unique and/or urgent response from customer facing team members.
- Provides and continuously updates customer contact relevant information. Tracks, records and documents relevant information from all technical enquires from customers.
Other Roles & Responsibilities
- Reports on activities in the field on a regular basis to Manager and Sales partners through written reports and regular telephone conversations.
- Reports on technical trends going on in the territory by relating customer concerns and issues to the appropriate internal partners.
- Stays current on scientific and industry trends and innovations.
- Participates in inter-departmental projects
- Accountable for managing expenses, scheduling and tracking activities.
- Participates actively to support Sales and Service meetings as required
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned