1. Purpose of the Position
Head of Chemistry is responsible for the safe, timely and successful development of chemical process to be executed in Regensburg’s Pilot Plant. In addition, the Head of Chemistry will be responsible for the strategic growth of the development group through talent development, CAPEX investment in infrastructure, improvement of safety concepts, improved work-flows through PPI.
2. Position Context
Head of Chemistry will report to the Site Director/GM, or delegate. Key stakeholder interactions will include all members of the Development Team, the Site Leadership Team, Site GM, API Business Managers and Intercompany colleagues.
3. Position Description
In general, the duties of the position will include:
- Responsible for safety in R+D laboratories, laboratory infrastructure and maintenance to ensure safe and efficient work flows
- Leadership, motivation and development of an effective team through mentoring and training on both technical as well as general managerial skills, such as project management, time management and resource utilization.
- Budgeting, managing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently to meet our Client’s needs
- Operational alignment and reporting with/to Quality, Finance, Business and Production
- Providing scientific guidance and leadership to direct reports and their teams
- Key client contact for business meetings, issue resolution and business development
- Ensure general compliance with all relevant internal as well as external legal rules and regulations, especially regarding job safety, accident prevention, quality, health, security, data and environmental protection
The duties may be changed or expanded as the role and business objectives of the Site evolve.
KPI’s for the position will include: