The Senior Manager (f/m/d) Continuous Improvement will facilitate the implementation of the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System, within the Germering site supporting the Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) HPLC Business Unit to enable profitable growth, intensify the customer experience, and increase employee engagement. The position collaborates with key stakeholders to lead projects and kaizen events by deploying structured problem solving to improve systems and eliminate waste. The role involves facilitating the lean fundamentals, such as visual management/ 5S, value stream mapping, standard work, tiered accountability visual metric boards, stand-up meetings, and project funnel coordination. It also involves developing capability in these areas by training teams and providing coaching through the events.
What you will do
- Lead/ work with functional teams to streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient.
- Facilitate Kaizen events, teach PPI Business System tools, and coach and mentor their use with employees at all levels of the organization
- Be a visible leader in changing the culture of the organization to one that supports continuous improvement, logical simplicity, and profitable growth
- Diplomatically cultivate an action-based culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of customer, finance, people and quality.
- Provide support to develop problem-solving capability within the organization at all levels
- Train, coach and follow-up with teams to ensure system improvements are sustained and the stakeholders are running the processes independently
- Work closely with business leadership and PPI steering committees to identify ways to accelerate the culture change necessary to support the PPI Business System.
- Provide ongoing support to multiple teams
- Help teams identify new projects through value stream mapping, data analysis and daily management systems. Coordinate the project funnel to keep an ongoing queue of projects to meet productivity goals.
- Become proficient in the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System and become a certified Process Manager.
- Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further.
- Develop A3’s, and coach leadership around developing A3’s to solve business problems
- Work on special projects as assigned in connection with goals and strategies
- Facilitate PPI Business System training