The Sr. Manufacturing Engineering leader, manages, and directs technical and sustaining engineering activities in support to all aspects of operations, including the introduction of processes for new product development and existing manufacturing. They will lead process improvement initiatives through technical leadership, root-cause analysis, and problem-solving strategies to arrive at optimal solutions.
This individual is a leader of company operations, policies, and procedures working effectively with cross-functional teams. The Manager oversees projects, ensuring budget, schedule, and performance requirements are met.
- Leads, plans, and manages the activities of the HPLC manufacturing engineering team that provides operational support of multi-functional efforts in process improvement, data capture and analysis, infrastructure support, tool ownership and compliance with procedures
- Independently manages and collaborates with cross-functional teams at a global level and with senior leadership, developing and implementing improvement projects, and manufacturing best practices to support global business strategy
- Identify and develop new processes and equipment to support new products and emerging technologies with optimal manufacturing efficiency
- Develops budgets and manages projects to drive improved product quality by identifying manufacturing issues, developing advanced manufacturing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production
- Work with operations leadership to identify and resolve manufacturing and quality problems related to methods, processes, tooling, equipment, and product design
- Monitor and improve productivity using PPI, Lean Six Sigma or related tools, while ensuring all customer commitments are timely and cost-conscious and met with quality
- Drive continuous simplification of QMS methods and their applications by working with cross-functional teams including Operations and Quality Assurance. Work with the facilities and maintenance team to implement change and ensure the required product capacity is in place before it is required by customer demand